Unit 5 Text A Ernest Shackleton made many great achievements in his life as an explorer. The following story does not tell us, however, what he achieved but how he managed to rescue his men after his

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 21世纪大学英语读写教程

Messaging app WeChat is being used for an ever longer period of time and is growing into a lifestyle choice embedded into daily activities and interactions, a new survey has found. 一项最新调查发现,人们使用通讯应用微信的时间越来

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke says some of the problems slowing the economy could last into next year. At a news conference, Bernanke said a troubled housing market continues to depress growth. 2. Water is rising in North Dakota, going ove

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(六月)

A 60m squid fishing boat hit rocks early this morning near Stewart Island in rough seas. Some oil started to spill from the boat. There was concern that the oil could spread to a marine reserve not too far away. Yellow-eyed penguin live in this reser

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

The male usually leads. If the female is sufficiently impressed, the pair seal their relationship with a vocal duet . King Penguin rookeries are very busy places. Every morning at about 6:00, the adul

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 冰雪童话

An enormous iceberg in Antarctica has killed off 150,000 penguins and threatens to wipe out an entire colony, which has become trapped and unable to reach food. 南极洲上一枚巨大的冰山已经导致15万只企鹅死亡,整个栖息地的企鹅

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Animals that live in cold climates tend to have stubby limbsshorter arms and legseven smaller ears and tails. Picture a penguin and youll see what I mean

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

1. A tense day on the campus of Virginia Tech. It was put under a lockdown this morning after three children attending a summer camp in the campus, reported seeing a man holding something that looked like a gun. 2. Meat giant Cargill is recalling 36

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(八月)

Prince Bertie the Frog has always considered himself to be something of a comedian. His speciality is penguin jokes. He is delighted when he is asked to do a Christmas Eve performance of his stand-up comedy act at a pond in a neighbouring kingdom. Be

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

Andy: Oh, penguin's just as good. -Penguin 企鹅 -Just as good 也一样 Andy: You work at the Hut? I would guess pizza, but based on your ripply stomach I saw when you helped me get down off the gondola ride, I'm gonna guess Sunglass Hut. -Hut 小屋

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

莱纳德 看我的 Hey, Leonard, check this out. 莱纳德 她又来了 Leonard, she's doing it again. 我觉得你调戏食物会让谢尔顿郁闷 I think it upsets Sheldon when you play with the food. 不 应该是她从碗里随便拿起食物 N

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 生活大爆炸第三季

THIS IS AMERICA - Planning a Wedding Becomes a Marriage of a Million DetailsBy Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: 2006骞?鏈?2鏃? (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Ste

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(六)月

本集简介: Joey falls while jumping on the bed and dislocates his arm. Monica tries to stay busy to keep her mind off Richard. First, she makes a lot of jam, which Joey loves. Second, she begins screen sperm donors--and runs into Joey's file. Pho

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 老友记(六人行)

Female Anchor: We all know people who are so smart that their friends call them Einstein. But who ever thought a bird could be that bright. Well this African grey parrot from Knoxville Zoo is called E

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录

情人节就要来啦!无论是单身狗还是甜蜜蜜,这里都有适合你们的情感测试题。想知道答案的话就来一探究竟吧! What kind of opposite sex will I attract? 什么样的异性会被你吸引? If you can choose on

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

There was once a man who had a pet Penguin. One day, he took his Penguin for a walk. A Policeman saw him and walked over. He said What are you doing with that Penguin? The man said Im taking him for a walk, officer The Policeman stared at the man and

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

2015年即将过去,《经济学人》也在此时列出了他们的本年度推荐书单,长长的书单必然是读不完了,所以英语君为你精挑细选了几本必读之作,不要错过哦! 2015经济学人年度好书:知识改变

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

今天分享几个发生在陌生人和陌生人之间温馨的小故事。除了故事很暖人心之外,它们也同时发生在我们日常生活中常见的场所里,讲述故事时所使用的语言非常实用哦! New Words: anonymous adj

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

Lesson 3 Nature 第三课 大自然 November 7 11月7日 Penguins in Sweaters! 穿毛衣的企鹅! Read it! 读读看! Susie is writing a report on penguins this week. 苏希这星期在写一篇有关企鹅的报导。 The penguins are wearing s

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 大家说英语

Oil from the Rena continues to float on the sea and finish on the beaches around Tauranga. Many penguin eggs will not hatch this spring because wildlife rescue workers are saving the adult penguins instead. Wildlife workers are checking penguin nests

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语